Interested in doing a PhD in Wearable Computing 4 Health?
You will join the ongoing Carnegie Mellon Portugal funded project.
You will work closely with me, two other PhD students as well as the project partners, Prof. Jodi Forlizzi from Carnegie Mellon University, and Prof. Marc Hassenzahl, from Folkwang University of Arts in Germany. You have:
- First class (8.5/10) Masters degree in Computer Science, or closely related field (exceptions may occur given a strong motivation letter)
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction and/or Ubiquitous Computing
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently as well as a team member and taking the initiative and being proactive
- Experience (or interest in learning) in conducting user studies of innovative prototypes, and/or designing novel solutions
- FCT (application deadline 11 May) provides 4-years fellowship
- Arditi (application deadline 22 May) provides a 1 year fellowship, renewable
- A 6-month RA post (application deadline 29 May)
Interested students should contact for more information (ekarapanos[at]uma.pt)